Emergencies can happen to anyone at any time on the open road! And they become more common this time of year due to the various hazards that winter brings. Whether you run out of gas, spike your tire, or get stuck in the snow, an automotive emergency kit can help you get back on the road quickly. We've put together a list to help you prep an emergency bag of winter driving essentials. Below are some of the items to include:
- Ice Scraper/Snow Brush - These will become your two best friends when temperatures dip below freezing. They will keep your windshield and the top of your car clean in a hurry.
- Bottle of Windshield Washer Fluid - This serves as another form of assurance for a clean windshield this winter.
- First Aid Kit - Have a medical incident? Storing a first aid kit can ease the pain.
- Cell Phone Charger - You're very limited to resources and roadside assistance if your phone is dead, so it's essential to keep one on hand.
- Flashlight - It can be challenging to navigate a roadside emergency at night or in poorly-lit areas. If you need to check under the hood, signal for help, or light up your surroundings, grab a flashlight.
- Jumper Cables - A dead battery is a common interference for most drivers in the winter. You'll need a set of these cables to get you the necessary boost to start your engine.
- Multi-Tool - This tool consists of many tools wrapped into one gadget for easy storage and convenience.
- Extra Gasoline - just in case you run out.
- Tire Gauge - A gauge will help you monitor your tire pressure to ensure safe driving.
- Sand or Kitty Litter - These two items can help your tire regain traction and get you out of a pile of snow.
- Non-Perishable Snacks and Water: These will keep you nourished and hydrated if you get stuck.
- Snow Boots, Gloves, Hat, Blanket, etc.: You're going to need to stay warm.
We hope these items help inspire you to curate a winter emergency car kit. At Integrity Auto Services, we care about you and your vehicle's safety. Let us be your top choice in all your automotive needs!